Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Summary: The Security Officer will be responsible for the safety and security of company property and personnel. They will also be responsible for the use of surveillance cameras, access control device and visitor screening. This position will be responsible for creating data driven reports and recommendations based on incidents, experience, and direction from the Safety and Security Manager.
This position will be in-house and with that comes a high level of visibility to TPCi’s employees, including our Executives. This position will also be responsible for, security and safety as well as administrative duties.
What You’ll Do
- Welcome guests into the TPCi office, providing guest services, and visitor check-in.
- Provide security for corporate events and off-site meetings.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points
- Respond to emergencies and incidents within TPCi areas. Contact property management, Safety and Security Manager, Facilities Director and local agencies as directed.
- Assist with administrative duties such as maintaining spreadsheets, system status reporting, incident and accident logs, as well as documentation of security department tasks.
- Assist with the deployment and maintenance of security programs, including policies, procedures, technical systems, and workforce training in order to maintain the safety and security of a corporate workplace.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience conducting investigations, surveillance operations, and interviewing techniques.
- Knowledgeable of contemporary security and property protection techniques and methodologies.
- Experience responding to emergency situations, injuries, and incidents.
- Advanced working knowledge of computer-based access control and alarm systems, and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience utilizing CCTV/surveillance systems to monitor company areas and tracking individuals.
- Familiarity with documenting complex situations into articulated and detailed reports.
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills, including exceptional ability to think strategically, identify needs and requirements, and develop expert recommendations; superior ability to research, gather, analyze, summarize, and present qualitative and quantitative data and suggest actionable recommendations.
- Ability to take quick, appropriate action in stressful, hostile or dangerous situations.
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent customer service and de-escalation skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to get American Red Cross Instructor certification within 6 months of employment.
- 0-2 years of previous security experience.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Previous law enforcement or military preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Some college preferred.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.