Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: IT Applications Support Manager
Job Summary: The IT Applications Support Manager leads our Application Support Specialists and works with other Tech Org Teams and IT Managers in the pursuit of operational excellence. Your experience in Vendor Management, Identity Access Management, ITIL and ITSM frameworks, Application Monitoring and Service Management will help you be successful in this role. The IT Applications Support team is our first point of contact in the fielding service desk requests, related to Business Applications, submitted by our employees and partners. In addition to troubleshooting and onboarding/offboarding users, the Applications Support team partners with Business Systems Analyst’s to test features/systems that are preparing for production deployments and supports regression testing and rollouts of updates/upgrades to existing systems. Creating/updating documentation to ensure a consistent support experience from the broader IT team and enable end user self-service where appropriate, will support the scaling of the team and ensure a consistent support experience. Opportunities to work on minor enhancements as time allows, will create opportunities for the team to learn and grow within their support role.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you’ll do
- Manage Application Support Specialists who are responsible for Tier 1 Support and User Access Management to Business Applications.
- Report out on Service Management metrics and make data-driven decisions on how to improve Service Management.
- Manage and prioritize application support issues across the team.
- Setup and report out Application Monitoring through tools like Aternity.
- Manage escalations and monitor complex issues that cannot be resolved by Tier 1 support independently.
- Lead Application Service Management’s participation in the software development lifecycle of new products and features. Focus on the testing and hyper care phases, in preparation for a production deployment, will support a successful rollout and the learning of new systems and features.
- Ensure team is creating and updating troubleshooting articles and enhancing user guides on a regular basis.
- Ensure streamlined Onboard/offboard processes of our employees, vendors, and contractors to relevant Business Applications.
- Responsible for positive trends in Service Management metrics.
- Provide feedback to Business Systems Analysts and Vendors regarding potential improvements to Business Applications to improve the overall user experience.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years’ experience supporting enterprise applications.
- 2+ years’ experience as a people manager
- Demonstrated experience implementing ITIL and ITSM frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience with learning agility and ability to pick up new systems, business processes and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to apply business systems to business processes and offer recommendations on improvements to improve the user experience.
- Experience with JIRA ServiceDesk, ERP, SharePoint, SaaS solutions preferred.
- Experience with Robotics Process Automation and Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service, and low-code platforms a plus.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: TE.ISBS.M2
Internal Job Profile: Business Systems Analysis Mgmt (M1)