Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Senior Director, Game Studio
Job Summary: This role will be responsible for the oversight and leadership of the TPCi Game Studio including Art, Design, Engineering, and Production for The Pokémon Company International (TPCi) game and mobile application products.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define clear visions for game & app designs and to communicate “the big picture”, the details, and the nuanced elements needed to bring that vision to life.
- Review and provide feedback of work from concept to completion to ensure quality, technical specifications, best practices, clear systems, and engaging gameplay.
- Communicate a clear and compelling vision in a manner that excites and inspires.
- Effectively collaborate with other disciplines within the Technology organization and across TPCi.
- Serve as mentor, leader and manager for a growing cross-functional team; modeling leadership and performance within the company.
What you’ll bring
- Twelve+ (12+) years of relevant professional experience, plus five (5) years of management experience.
- Shipped several titles (F2P and/or AAA preferred) including at least one live service title
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both as a leader of teams and as a leader of projects - dynamic, strategic and resourceful.
- Be a skilled communicator who can comfortably work at all levels of the organization, adapting your communication style to the target audience
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems, and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: GA.GDMF.M5
Internal Job Profile: Game Design Mgmt (M5)