Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Operations Engineer (NOC)
Job Summary: The Operations Engineer is a key member of our DevOps team who is primarily focused on mitigating customer impact by monitoring our platforms, identifying and resolving issues through established Incident Management processes, and working with Development teams to ensure we are highly performant, available, secure, scaled, and operationalized. Though the primary focus of this role is on monitoring and mitigating issues on our platform, this role will also include contributing toward creating and updating alerts and health checks, scripting and automation, operational documentation and partnering with the Development, Test, and Security teams to put in place the right solutions for the business.
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex production / application issues identified through established Incident Management processes to ensure services are highly available and performant.
- Create and maintain monitors and alerts for our platforms and services using enterprise class monitoring and log gathering tools.
- Develop and improve operational documentation to improve Production Support capabilities, including process, runbooks and operational readiness requirements for supported tools and applications.
- Help lead continuous improvement for our Incident Management Processes/Practices to ensure a smooth and consistent approach toward Incident Management.
- Work with developers and engineering leads to advocate for operational improvements in our software stack.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation. Must be willing and able to work non-standard work shifts, including evenings, overnight, holidays, and weekends.
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related professional experience.
- 1+ years' practical scripting and/or development experience in shell, Python and/or other automation tools.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required. BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred.
- Experienced with Incident Management practices and processes, including performing duties as an Incident Manager.
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and logging tools such as New Relic, Grafana, Sumo Logic, and Splunk.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Experience utilizing infrastructure and services in Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred.
- Experience in the video game or trading card game industry is a plus!
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.