Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Health & Safety Officer
Job Summary: This is a new Health & Safety Officer role for TPCi’s London offices, as our UK employee head count and office premises continue to grow and expand. As part of the UK Operations Team this role will be responsible for overall health and safety and security at our busy London offices and will report into the Sr Operations Manager.
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
Health and Safety Compliance Based:
- Ensuring compliance with UK health and safety legislation.
- Developing and implementing (or improving) health and safety plans and procedures.
- Identifying and implementing occupational health and safety training in the workplace.
- Carrying out regular safety inspections and risk assessments.
- Active monitoring of the above.
- Investigating workplace accidents.
- Taking a lead role in our Health and Safety Committee.
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture at TPCi.
- Ensuring the safety of TPCi’s employees and offices, by patrolling all office areas (physical security).
- Managing our access control system for employees, visitors, and contractors. Including access control tracking.
- Developing or improving a Security Policy and implementing any necessary security training.
- Monitoring CCTV equipment.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- NEBOSH certified (Facilities Management certification).
- Professional security background – for example the candidate holds a security license, certification, or equivalent background.
- Background work experience in Health and Safety.
- Strong communication and organisational skills, with attention to detail.
- Fluency in English with strong written and spoken skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.