Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Public Relations Representative
Job Summary: This role is responsible for supporting PR initiatives and campaigns across the Pokémon brand’s portfolio of entertainment experiences and consumer products. You will work closely with a team of PR Managers and the Director, PR & Communications to coordinate communications materials, campaigns, events, and other PR activities.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Provide general support to the PR and Communications function at The Pokémon Company International
- Assist in the sourcing and gathering of information to develop PR materials, strategies, and campaigns
- Draft select PR materials such as press releases, media advisories, fact sheets, Q+A’s.
- Route and track PR materials through approvals processes with a variety on internal and external stakeholders
- Review content from across the organization for appropriateness
- Research and maintain media lists
- Liaise with external agency partners
- Provide event support in a PR capacity
- Compile and develop PR reports and presentations
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Demonstrable ability to plan strategically on a global scale, work effectively with international stakeholders and ensure brand consistency across divisions, time zones and territories.
- Proven track record of executing programs domestically and internationally.
- Experience working with and managing agency partners.
- Experience and success in product launch management.
- Experience collaborating closely with internal stakeholder teams such as Product Marketing, Social Media, Licensing, etc.
- Strong project management, creative concept, and plan execution skills.
- Established press and influencer contacts in the video game, family entertainment industry and consumer media is a plus.
- Experience publicizing animated content, television/streaming series is a big plus.
- Experience working with celebrity partners or engaging celebrities is a plus.
- Experience working for or with Japanese companies/brands is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Public Relations Representative (IC2)