Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Business Partner
Job Summary: This role will be responsible for solving complex organizational challenges with people-related solutions. The role will work closely with managers and employees to coach, challenge and support them as our business continues to evolve and scale.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers and employees across a broad range of teams in the Bellevue office, from Finance & Accounting ,TCG Sales, Ecomm, Creative Services, Editing, Localization +.
- Work closely with the wider People Team to provide support across other functional teams and geographies.
- Develop positive working relationships across the organization in order to anticipate people-related needs, proactively address pain points, and ensure a workplace where everyone can contribute and thrive.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive project, interventions, solutions and continuous improvement efforts.
- Work on a wide range of strategic people-related initiatives and projects including team structure and optimization, employee engagement and retention, organizational culture and change management.
- Facilitate a learning and growth environment; share best practices, stay up to date with current organizational research and roll out centralized/localized learning and development initiatives.
- Lead resolution of employee relations issues, both formal and informal, consulting with internal legal partners.
- Collaborate with the Total Rewards team to research and advise on salary benchmarking, pay bandings and other rewards and recognition mechanisms.
- Provide pragmatic advice to managers on the implementation of all people policies; collaborate with the entire People team as well as the local team in London to design globally vs. locally relevant policies.
- Oversee flawless execution of annual people processes in local market(s).
- Work with our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Center of Excellence to drive local and global DEI plans.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Deep functional expertise in talent management, employee relations, compliance, organizational development, total rewards, training and coaching
- Strong working knowledge of labor employement laws and local requirements.
- Experience working in global organizations, specifically across the US plus some experience with UK and Europe.
- A comfort solving problems and delivering project autonomously as part of a agile, small People team.
- Accustomed to working closely with senior leaders as a strategic thought partner, with the ability to influence and challenge when needed.
- Adept at working with data, assessing findings and determining insights to translate into action.
- Preferred tech, gaming, entertainment or similar industry experience.
- Tech saavy: including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Human Resources Information Systems, and Applicant Tracking Systems.
- HR related certification(s) a plus.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: HR.GLBP.P3
Internal Job Profile: Business Partner (IC3)