Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Game Producer – Live Operations
Job Summary: As a Game Producer – Live Operations, you are responsible for ensuring TPCI’s PC/Mac/mobile games and services are consistently delivered across the globe. You’re a natural leader equipped with great project management skills. This role will work with the production team and studio leadership to oversee releases and updates, triaging issues and determining next steps.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- You have the organizational agility and communication skills to work with any team: internally or externally
- Rely on both data and experience to make informed decisions and assess progress
- Anticipate and address potential problems while driving high-quality and timely deliverables
- Manage prioritization of tasks, bugs, design iteration, user/tester feedback and live ops efforts
- Coordinate and develop detailed requirements for all live releases – whether planned updates or hotfix items
- Break down multifaceted issues into workable components to guide our development team
- Participate in on-call escalations and guide the team to restore services to players
- Be able to create and maintain documentation for our proprietary tools
- Communicate potential blockers and process improvements to streamline daily/weekly routines
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience working on a AAA brand
- Prior experience bringing a successful PC/Mac/mobile game to market
- Experience with data management or a position similarly responsible for ensuring the quality of live game operations
- A solid understanding of live operations in games and how they relate to the key metrics and player motivation
- Experience with mobile app store release workflow
- The ability to understand and adapt your communication style to match the needs of your audience
- Experience making decisions in a complex and occasionally ambiguous environment
- Diverse experience with Jira for task management and bug tracking; including database setup, organization, and maintenance
- A passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends
- Prior experience as a leader on a TCG game, in any role, is a plus
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Game Producer (IC3)