Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Manager, IT Service Desk
Job Summary: The Manager, IT Service Desk leads the IT Service Desk team, supporting our 850+ staff members. They oversee our problem management and support needs, organizing, and assigning work, and purchasing hardware/software. This person contributes to and leads the overall positive environment of the Service Desk. They are key in making decisions and/or recommendations that include multiyear IT strategies and plans. This person is enthusiastic about customer service and experience. They will partner with peer staff members and lead the IT Service Desk to ensure the best customer support experience possible.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of service desk support specialists responsible for issue management, conferencing systems, and employee onboarding/offboarding processes.
- Monitor issues for problem management, ensure team queues are properly monitored, and make sure service is meeting outlined service level agreements (SLAs).
- Identify Service Desk issue trends, seek out areas to build and improve process, monitor for repeat issues.
- Develop, measure, and report key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure the team is operating at a high level and meeting or exceeding established goals.
- Collaborate with partner teams to help drive continuous improvement in end user productivity.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction, experience, and strengthen client relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Work with IT Management on business requirements/goals and translate them into technical specifications with solution proposals.
- Establish inventory baselines, monitor, and report on levels.
- Purchase hardware, software, and track spending for technology needs.
- Plan and establish priorities and manage team resource allocation.
- Act as escalation point for complex and urgent issues.
- Provide coaching, development, and feedback to service desk team members.
What you’ll bring
- 3 years+ experience managing service desk teams.
- 3 years+ experience working directly on a service desk team in a senior capacity.
- Excellent Customer Service skills and a demonstrated success exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to build, monitor, and report on KPI’s, and customer satisfaction.
- Experience in working in an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM)
- Ability to lead staff through technical decisions, and roadmaps for long term planning.
- Solid understanding managing hardware asset and software license tracking.
- A successful track record of providing excellent customer service and communication to all levels of an organization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, and Active Directory, including common tools, best practices, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies through self-study and formal training.
- Experience with SCRUM, Agile, and Atlassian tools are a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and ITIL certifications are a plus.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: TE.ISMF.M3
Internal Job Profile: Information Technology Mgmt (M2)