Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager
Job Summary: Prepares marketing strategies and programs to support Pokémon’s video game marketing. The role is responsible for defining strategic marketing direction, driving execution internally and with partners, and ensuring a quality expression of the product in order to achieve long-term business goals. You will be expected to know the product, your customers, and the entertainment market so intimately that you define and communicate a clear, brand appropriate market position that drives consumer demand.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Lead development of product marketing plans with all internal stakeholders and partner companies
- Review and approve creative developed to support your products
- Evaluate product performance reporting to internal stakeholders on success and opportunities
- Know your customers and market so intimately that you define and communicate a clear, differentiated, brand appropriate market position.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Experience with tools such as Opal, Teams, Zoom, Tableau, Google Analytics, Google Ads (Search, GDN, Gmail, YouTube), and Facebook Ad Manager.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proven knowledge in defining and executing a short and long term go-to-market strategy.
- Outstanding communication skills. The ability to work across teams and communicate marketing goals/results at a team, executive, and company level.
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines, emerging needs, policy changes, and the variety of nuances that can happen in product development.
- Ability to operate at a strategic level to define new market opportunities and assess product-market fit but also to work tactically to drive projects to successful completion.
- Clear thinker and communicator with excellent written and oral communication.
- Proven problem solver, able to discern the crux of an issue, and use good judgment in recommending practical solutions.
- Organized and process-oriented with proven ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Experience of working with external partners, particularly international ones.
- While passion for the Pokémon brand is a plus it is not required, however knowledge of and a willingness to learn more about the brand is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.