Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Pokémon Center Merchandise Approvals (3D)
Job Summary: This role will ensure that Pokémon Center products adhere to overall Pokémon brand standards, style guides, and reference materials while maintaining the quality expected of Pokémon Center goods. They will drive the approvals process by working with cross-functional teams, facilitating brand understanding, and ensuring schedules are adhered to. They will also organize assets and create artwork and approval guides. The ideal candidate will understand what it takes to bring an entertainment property to life through physical goods. Ideally, the candidate will be familiar with a wide range of production capabilities, such as how detailed an embroidered patch can be or what areas on a sculpt could be at risk for breakage. This role will work with the cross-functional teams to solve for those challenges while adhering to brand accuracy. An understanding of the overall Pokémon brand and its characters is a plus. The candidate will be expected to immerse themself in the Pokémon brand; this ranges from playing the video and trading card games to watching the animated series.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Review 3D products such as figures, jewelry, and ornaments art against the Pokémon brand standard.
- Guide internal and external stakeholders regarding how they can best represent the Pokémon brand through graphics and products.
- Create artwork usage and approval guides.
- Work with Consumer Product Approvals team to organize and distribute assets from TPC (headquarter in Japan).
- Team with Project Managers to mitigate potential schedule risks and escalate to manager with recommended solutions.
- Collaborate with internal teams to elevate designs within specific parameters.
- Communicate daily with internal and/or external partners via video calls, project management software, approvals software, and email.
- Maintain an accurate record of approvals for each item from concept to approval.
- Assist in the development of process documents, tools, and training materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Organize and archive product samples.
- Perform other administrative duties consistent with position as assigned by manager.
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- A keen eye for detail within art.
- Proven experience in handling multiple simultaneous projects under regular deadlines.
- Knowledge/understanding of custom and off-the-shelf apparel development including product timelines and print processes on various mediums.
- General understanding of different kinds of production limitations.
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Photoshop.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Graphic Design experience is a plus.
- Ability to read, write, and/or speak a second language is a plus.
- Interest in animation, video games, and/or trading card games is a plus.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.