Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Project Management (Bilingual)
Job Summary: This role is responsible for leading a team of Trading Card Game (TCG) bilingual project managers to successfully deliver high quality, localized content including cards, products, and more to be distributed globally outside of Asia. The senior manager of project management will be responsible for overseeing bilingual project coordination and building a healthy relationships with both internal and external stakeholders through proactive communication on product planning and localization status. This role will also work closely with TCG Product Development team and other project management teams within TPCi to complete products and projects on time. An ideal candidate should be able to grasp and communicate TCG business strategies and present product ideas to stakeholders in Japan for approval.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you’ll do
- Direct the TCG bilingual project management team to effectively manage and support the TCG localization and product development projects.
- Maintain and expand trusted working relationships beyond primary customers (internal & external) and drive the communications between them.
- Lead, motivate, and collaborate with project stakeholders to achieve project goals, milestones, and objectives.
- Manage any product development and localization issues that arise by investigating and resolving them promptly.
- Provide team members with a direction and answer to any product planning and localization related questions from internal and external contacts.
- Actively seek an opportunity to optimize and simplify processes as they are developed with a focus on continual improvement.
- Anticipate future needs of the TCG and project management team and effectively lead change.
- Coach personnel to facilitate growth within the department and company.
What you’ll bring
- Ten+ (10+) years of relevant experience, plus a minimum of two (2) years of management experience.
- Experience in directly managing others on a regular basis preferred.
- Very high level of Japanese proficiency required.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization and work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
- Demonstrated project management experience is a required asset to this role.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing, on a prepared and extemporaneous basis with stakeholders in Japan.
- Ability to appropriately delegate work to others to meet deadlines, goals and objectives, develop skills and knowledge of others, build capacity and productivity of department.
- Strong knowledge of and familiarity with Pokémon brand and Trading Card Game industry.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required. MBA is a plus.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa.