The Localisation Editor (Spanish Language) is a member of the editing team and works closely with the other localisation editors, translators and project coordinators on all editorial facets of video games, and related materials (video game strategy guide, video game website, etc.) in the Localisation Editor’s given language. This will include a high level of knowledge regarding native slang, phraseologies, and nuances of the Spanish language. This position is a 12-month fixed term contract.
- Editing of a wide variety of computer games-related material, such as in-game text, templates, packaging, press releases, and all other marketing materials in Spanish.
- Overseeing the QA process for all computer games and implement changes as needed by gaining a thorough knowledge of any computer game being localised in house.
- Editing of grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and language-specific slang in Spanish.
- Ensuring consistency regarding the use of terminology and style in Spanish.
Reviewing, revising, and proofing all video game related contents.
- Lead and support projects as required.
- Collaborate with other languages in order to keep high level of standards/quality across all languages.
- Support translators and coordinators as required.
- Regular reporting of progress to in-house management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Preferably 2 years' experience publishing under regular deadlines, and the demonstrated ability to edit, revise, or rewrite in their localisation language while handling multiple tasks in an organized manner.
- Must be detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task various projects at the same time.
- Must be a team worker.
- Native level language skill of their localisation language and fluent English language skill is required.
- Knowledge of local culture for language of expertise is required.
- Previous experience in the gaming industry is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing specialized technical programs to edit files is essential.
- Experience with Word and Excel is required and ability to learn new programs is essential.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with unpredictable schedules and tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline is required or equivalent years of work experience.
How You'll Be Successful:
Integrity and Respect - Demonstrates integrity and respect by listening to others, seeking to understand a variety of perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
Building Relationships - Builds strong relationships and works co-operatively with others to solve problems and meet team goals. Acknowledges the contributions of others and gives honest, kind and constructive feedback to other team members.
Passion for Pokémon - Knowledgeable about the Pokémon brand, people, culture, and business.
Dedicated to Quality - Monitors work for quality and accuracy, follows through on commitments and keeps others informed on progress. Uses a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others to continuously improve.
Delighting Customers - Aware of customers’ interests and needs and listens carefully and makes sure customers feels heard and important.
Challenging the Expected - Contributes to new approaches, methods or technologies. Works proactively with others to produce innovative solutions to support the business and customers. Embraces the possibility of failure to risk something new, unique, and special.
Leads Self - Holds oneself accountable to the core values, and personal goals. Seek new and challenging assignments to continuously learn and improve.
- All selected applicants will need to take a 3 to 4-hour aptitude test to measure their skills as part of the interview process.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required for key initiatives.
- The role is principally based in London – however TPCi London staff may work from home till January 2022. This policy is subject to change.
- From January 2022 TPCi will implement a hybrid Working From Home – Office working pattern. Full details available on application.
What to Expect:
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Candidates will either need the right to work in the UK or dependent on the job role the company may be able to arrange a VISA.