The Operations Producer will take the lead the on day-to-day operation of TPCi’s cloud-based archive and Media Asset Management system. They will lead on the onboarding and the sending of deliverables to broadcast partners from the MAM, working closely with their US-based counterpart in developing functionality of it, as well as improving back-end operations for the whole department.
They will also be the first point of contact for Aggregators and VOD platforms, ensuring that avails/metadata and artwork are correctly delivered in a timely manner.
The role directly impacts TPCi’s ability to deliver directly to broadcasting partners. The candidate is required to take a considerable level of personal responsibility for their work. Organised and systematic in approach, they should have high levels of attention to detail and have keen attention to detail.
What You Will Do:
MAM and Content Distribution:
- Schedule and manage delivery of incoming media files from vendors into MAM.
- Schedule and manage delivery of outgoing media files to broadcast partners and other endpoints.
- Oversee media workflows within MAM, intervening as required for dealing with exceptions requiring manual handling/processing.
- Manage vendor relationships for the MAM toolset.
- Lead onboarding of new outbound destinations, interpreting technical specifications and configuring these into the MAM.
- Train colleagues or freelancers and implement new procedures and systems as and when they arise.
- Evangelize and lead take up/usage of MAM within department and beyond.
- Format and collate metadata / avails documents for VOD platforms and Broadcasters.
- Create delivery schedules and track project milestones, communicating changes/issues where necessary.
- First point of contact for partner rejections and queries.
- Work with TPCi IT department to troubleshoot any MAM related issues or implement new tools.
- Optimize departmental project / task management processes.
- Implement and/or optimize archiving and storage practices for the department.
- Contribute to the implementation of a production dashboard that reports job progress for the whole department.
- Enable transparency by simplifying storage locations.
- Minute taking for departmental meetings.
What You Will Bring:
- 5-7 years of experience with cloud based workflows with a working knowledge of content management systems, media asset management systems, transcoders and auto QC solutions.
- Proven knowledge of asset delivery to broadcast and particularly VOD platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of media mover systems, video & audio file formats and codecs, subtitling/closed captioning, metadata and back end portals.
- Knowledge of localization issues and cross-cultural awareness.
- Proven experience in creating delivery schedules.
- Strong Project Management and communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Being team-oriented.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments, balance priorities and meet deadliness.
- Knowledge of project management/scheduling software.
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Experience in video editing, particularly Adobe Premiere Pro, motion graphics and filming.
Nice to haves:
- Proficiency in another language.
- Video editing experience.
- Experience of operating video processing tools such as transcoders & standards converters is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop and Illustrator skills a plus.
How You'll Be Successful:
Integrity and Respect - Demonstrates integrity and respect by listening to others, seeking to understand a variety of perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
Building Relationships - Builds strong relationships and works co-operatively with others to solve problems and meet team goals. Acknowledges the contributions of others and gives honest, kind and constructive feedback to other team members.
Passion for Pokémon - Knowledgeable about the Pokémon brand, people, culture, and business.
Dedicated to Quality - Monitors work for quality and accuracy, follows through on commitments and keeps others informed on progress. Uses a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others to continuously improve.
Delighting Customers - Aware of customers’ interests and needs and listens carefully and makes sure customers feels heard and important.
Challenging the Expected - Contributes to new approaches, methods or technologies. Works proactively with others to produce innovative solutions to support the business and customers. Embraces the possibility of failure to risk something new, unique, and special.
Leads Self - Holds oneself accountable to the core values, and personal goals. Seek new and challenging assignments to continuously learn and improve.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- The role is principally based in London – however TPCi London staff may work from home till January 2022. This policy is subject to change.
- From January 2022 TPCi will implement a hybrid Working From Home – Office working pattern. Full details available on application.
What to Expect:
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Core hours will be between 10am-6pm. Travel between office locations internationally will be required, approximately 5% of the time.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Candidates will either need the right to work in the UK or dependent on the job role the company may be able to arrange a VISA.