Graphic Designer (Home Goods / Apparel)
Summary of the Role
We are looking for a creative Graphic Designer with a passion for merchandising. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for providing creative support for teams and viewed as expert in creating innovative artwork and reworking directional graphics for TPCi products ranging from apparel, accessories and home goods. Illustration abilities a plus.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for completion of all graphic development and production steps from concept through creation of final design and any associated file deliveries for print or digital applications.
- Researches and creates graphics and illustrations that are diversified and brand appropriate
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure a more efficient process.
- Participates in meetings, discussions, and presentations as part of the development process from initial concepts to final design
- Demonstrates in depth conceptual and practical knowledge in graphic design, screen print, embroidery, heat setting and basic knowledge of related areas such as marketing, styling, parts and accessories, and licensing
- Solves complex design problems involving brand integrity, diversified graphics, cohesive collection and business strategy, and enacts a new perspective on existing solutions
- Research seasonal trends - identify new colors, fabric and silhouettes for conceptual development
- Work independently to create and execute design for all categories of assigned brand
- Meets all department and corporate business requirements, including those regarding work hours, conduct, and teamwork. Marketing, Merchandising and Sales teams
What You Will Bring
- 2-5 years of experience with design utilizing computer software
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree a plus. Industry experience most desirable.
- Expert proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite on Mac OS
- Demonstrates a high degree of originality and creativity as well as provide valuable creative insights to support business strategy.
- Ability to apply knowledge of best practices in graphic design, marketing, and licensing and how their own area integrates with others to drive results
- Knowledge of print technology, including screenprint, digital, and offset processes is a plus
- Strong retail merchandising design & Illustration skills a plus ability to navigate Word and Excel
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.