The Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) ensures that only the highest quality products are provided to internal and external customers. This role will be responsible for designing test automation and tool development as well as manual testing to validate Pokémon digital products and internal services are of the highest quality. The SDET will partner with the development, DevOps and product teams to drive and define, measure and advocate for quality at each step of the software development lifecycle.
What You Will Do
- Design and drive all aspects of automation framework creation and execution while proactively incorporating feedback from partners.
- Design customer centric automation test processes for all existing and new product development.
- Define, collaborate and build tools for internal use to ensure quality at scale.
- Create test strategies for a wide range of technically challenging products.
- Consistently mindful and willingly engaged in continuous improvements to our software testing methodologies.
- Document, troubleshoot, and resolve bugs through proactive engagement with development team.
- Execute and report automated and manual test cases during all phases of the development life cycle.
- Improve the coverage and reliability of our automated test suites and share improvements within the organization.
What You Will Bring
- 6+ years of software testing experience.
- Proficient in test planning, estimation, and ability guide other testers through the process of breaking down complex areas into testable components.
- Experienced managing test in an Agile Development Environment.
- Proficient with automated delivery infrastructure (CI/CD, automated quality gates, etc.)
- Proficient at using data to direct and prioritize project coverage and testing.
- Proficient with REST protocol and web sockets
- Experience with Amazon Web Services highly recommended.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or equivalent working experience.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication. You're referenced as an example when delivering messages and collaborating with teams.
- Bias for Action: You take on additional ownership without being prompt because it's the right thing to do for the product/customer. You have a proven track record of excellence, and often engage in finding a solution in a proactive manner.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team leader with the ability to coordinate collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization.
- Analytical and Logical: You’re quantitative and qualitative and able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information and tell the story through data. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Service Orientation: You keep internal and external customer(s) in mind at all times. You strive to proactively address customer concerns and needs and to provide consistent customer satisfaction.
- Growth mindset: You continually seek out learning and growth opportunities that not only advance your skills and understanding, but actively contribute to the departments improvement. You share industry advancements with the team and partners to elevate organizational knowledge.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables. You manager partnerships with stakeholders to ensure we hold ourselves accountable to the customers.
- Process Focus: You identify processes to implement that gain efficiencies across test and production ownership. You champion these processes with partners by highlighting improvements that positively influence adoption.
- Professional Know-How: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role, and occasionally act as a subject matter expert for other teams. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up-to-date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.