The Compensation Manager is a key contributor to analyze, design, implement, and champion The Pokémon Company International’s (TCPi) global compensation philosophy, approach, and programs to ensure equitable and competitive compensation aligned with overall business strategy and supporting the on-going attraction and retention of talent. This role is responsible for partnering with key stakeholders to align on a global approach to compensation and to establish and maintain strong relationships inside and outside the organization to flawlessly deliver inclusive pay programs for a diverse and growing global population.
What You Will Do
- Define and gain alignment for TPCi’s compensation philosophy and develop a strategic roadmap to scale programs to support and retain a growing population in partnership with Talent Management, HRBPs, HR Ops team members, and leaders across the business.
- Design, implement and continually improve job architecture, salary structures and compensation programs to deliver best-in-class, equitable practices that support TPCi’s values and business objectives. Champion annual merit and bonus planning processes including timelines, communications, budget, systems/tools configuration, training, reporting and calibration.
- Perform regular compensation benchmarking for all jobs; analyze market data trends and evaluate impact; ensure market competitiveness and develop creative solutions with partners to drive attraction and retention of talent while facilitating internal equity across the organization.
- Identify metrics and build out reporting dashboards to measure compensation programs and services effectiveness, utilization and insights to provide transparency and help guide future decision making.
- Conduct strategic analysis of workforce data to identify trends and provide actionable recommendations, including researching best practices.
- Partner with HRBPs, Talent Acquisition, HR Systems and Insights, and DEI for roll-out and execution of compensation programs and initiatives.
- Provide analytics support and data analysis, preparing ad-hoc and regular management reports and metrics in concert with HR Systems and Insights.
- Create and conduct compensation education for new managers to senior executives that meet business needs and clearly engage people leaders with not only supporting but leading compensation practices across the organization.
- Approach your work through lens of diversity and inclusion, building programs and practices to enhance this in all you do.
What You Will Bring
- Six or more years’ relevant experience in global compensation for top technical talent, direct US and EU compensation experience required
- Technology compensation specific experience in major markets.
- Knowledge of progressive, market-based pay practices and how to adapt them in growing markets.
- You have a deep passion for compensation staying abreast of changes in the marketplace, talent trends and bringing creativity and innovation to the role
- Comfortable communicating to individuals and groups at any level
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with various HRM/HRIS systems, ADP Workforce in particular
- Knowledge on HR regulations, Labor & Employment Law and compliance requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
How You Will Be Successful
- Collaborative: Develops, maintains, communicates and strengthens partnerships with others inside and out of TPCi to achieve goals and positive business results.
- Brand Ambassador: Embodies TPCI’s values and represents the brand positively. Connects and engages with others about the brand and promotes brand awareness,
- Excellence (Quality): maintains and promotes high standards, seeking way to improve products and services, encouraging others to do the same, resulting in quality deliverables
- Action Oriented: seizes opportunities, takes on tough challenges and drives ideas and plans forward with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm. Able to pivot to solution focus and inspires others to do the same.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
Position based off in Bellevue, WA
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion, up to 10%.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.