The Manager of Product Support is a key leader supporting the team providing the best possible customer service to the fans of products and services offered by The Pokémon Company International (TPCi). They are responsible for helping the team deliver against the immediate and long-term strategy for the Customer Service (CS) department. The team develops and implements supportability plans for games, applications, web services and physical products. This role works with team members and partner stakeholders to provide support and continuous improvement of products, enabling the organization to deliver experiences that delight our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of customer support professionals including mentorship and career development responsibilities for members of the team.
- Work with CS and Quality team peers to improve the efficiency of the customer service organization through effective leadership, identification of individual and group training, and overall people development improvements.
- Support the team’s efforts in onboarding new support and service offerings across multiple lines of business.
- Collaborate with product stakeholder teams to develop and iterate KPIs and support policies.
- Contribute to the team’s long-term development roadmap and key strategies such as incident reduction, customer satisfaction and global policy adherence.
- Empower your team to contribute to the design of CS department best practices and quality metrics with an emphasis on quality and accountability Educate the members of the Customer Service department on best practices, quality metrics, and influence design and implementation with a quality mindset.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of customer support operations experience.
- Genuine desire to manage customer support professionals through dedicated mentoring and personal growth to ensure they are capable of achieving their best results.
- Experience developing and deploying customer-facing policies.
- Experience analyzing complex problems and presenting multiple solutions to key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience communicating both technical and non-technical information across teams and departments.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to effectively deliver content and convey messaging to diverse audiences.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to complete deliverables with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: Team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills, experience, geographies and levels within the organization.
- Change agent and Innovator: You are comfortable with educating and influencing others through change and don’t shy away from challenging the status quo. You consider the needs of the client, culture, and best practices to identify creative QA solutions that work for all.
- Strategic acumen and leadership agility: You understand current state and can visualize the ideal state to be able to counsel, connect dots and influence leadership, business partners and employees to translate vision into action. You provide your team stretch assignments and encourage continuous learning and development.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients. You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on QA trends and agile concepts.
- Global and Diverse perspective: You understand how ethnic, cultural, and political matters influence business and can integrate local and global information into decisions affecting multiple sites. You appreciate diversity of thought, talents and representation and understand its power to engage employees.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Up to 10% domestic or international travel may be required.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.