Sr. Manager, Global Trade Compliance
The Sr. Manager, Global Trade Compliance will lead TPCi’s trade compliance function for all markets in which we do business. Having both expert knowledge of relevant U.S. and foreign regulations, as well as practical experience applying them in a complex organization, you will be a trusted advisor to internal teams and external partners, leading the thinking around how best to distribute TPCi products across the globe in a manner that both achieves business objectives and ensures compliance and minimizes risk.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, implement and manage TPCi’s global trade compliance team, strategy, goals, objectives, policies and priorities
- Be TPCi’s resident SME on all matters having to do with global trade compliance, drawing from your own extensive knowledge/experience and from external sources, including an established network, industry events, publications, etc.
- Identify, interpret and apply relevant global trade compliance regulations, including from U.S. Customs and their PGAs, foreign customs agencies, BIS, EAR, OFAC, FTC and other, as well as fair trade/fair labor laws and regulations
- Lead TPCi’s global trade compliance team, maintaining high levels of morale, engagement and productivity
- Maintain relationships and channels of communication with senior leaders across the company; provide assistance/guidance to other departments to ensure international agreements and transactions are designed and executed in compliance with appropriate regulations
- Ensure correct classification of products in accordance with HTS and regional export regulations, correct COO determinations/markings, and accurate and timely import/export filings
- Develop, implement and maintain key internal controls, including a Compliance Manual for up-to-date Informed Compliance and an audit program and policy
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Other projects and responsibilities as required
What You Will Bring
- U.S. Customs Brokerage License is required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in customs/trade compliance, with at least 2 years in a management role
- Proven knowledge of U.S. and foreign customs and other relevant regulations as they pertain to imports and exports
- Strong familiarity with other relevant subjects such as VAT, product safety, IPR, cross-border eCommerce, post-Brexit/EMEA/BRIC and other trading restrictions, as well as international logistics as related to compliance
- Proven ability to align business needs and trade compliance without jeopardizing either
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Oracle Cloud GTM, OTM, SCM
How You Will Be Successful
- Organizational Awareness: Leverages knowledge of the culture, structure and workflow of the organization to solve problems and accomplish goals
- Develops Talent: Brings out greatness in others. Fosters the development of people to meet both their career goals and organizational goals.
- Action Oriented: Seizes opportunities, takes on tough challenges and drives ideas and plans forward with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm. Able to pivot solution focus and inspires others to do the same.
- Impact & Influence: Persuades, negotiates and convinces others to gain the support and commitment of others for an idea, agenda or direction.
- Professional Expertise: Possesses the functional and technical knowledge, understanding and expertise required to carry out work effectively.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.