Video Game Editor (English)
Our video game editors dedicate themselves to factual accuracy, brand accuracy, and impeccable grammatical standards, working together with the Localization team to achieve excellence in our apps, games, and related materials.
What You Will Do
- Edit, proof, and review materials related to apps and video games, including game text, strategy guides, marketing materials, press releases, and more.
- Playtest and participate in the QA process for apps and video games, implementing changes as needed by applying a thorough knowledge of the language, brand, and guidelines.
- Edit copy for grammar, punctuation, spelling, readability, vocabulary, and target audience, ensuring accuracy and consistency in style and terminology.
- Take a lead role for projects as required, including the shared responsibility of conforming to the developers’ vision while maintaining a comprehensive picture of the project’s timeline and needs.
- Provide input and cultural perspectives in creative development meetings with other localization professionals.
- Contribute to process analyses and workflow improvements, responding quickly to feedback with effective solutions.
- Maintain personal and project records and provide regular progress reports.
What You Will Bring
- Two to four years years editorial experience in the video game industry, including playtesting and QA
- Exceptional communication skills, a focused eye for detail, and an understanding of how to balance short-term tasks with long-term goals
- Previous experience in working with a team of editors and localization professionals a plus
- Demonstrated experience using MS Word, Excel, and specialized technical programs, along with the ability to get the hang of new tools rapidly
- In-depth knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style a plus
- Wide-ranging knowledge of current and past video games; knowledge of Pokémon a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
How You Will Be Successful
The successful candidate will contribute to all editorial facets of video games and related materials, demonstrating superior knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary. Your core values will include a team-oriented outlook along with a passion for video games. You will investigate language questions and gameplay questions with equal facility, gaining a comprehensive grasp of the projects in which you take part and supporting the localization team with your knowledge and skills.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun, and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.