Business Intelligence Analyst (Animation)
The Business Intelligence Analyst will affect business change through the creation and development of analytics and data insight capabilities within The Pokémon Company International. This position will be primarily responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing data findings for our various product lines. This function will act as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support optimal business decision making. In addition, this position will assist with the data strategy and market intelligence for the assigned product line. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, be self-directed, and have a keen ability to analyze data to identify and communicate patterns.
What You Will Do
- Analyze data using statistics and other methodologies to solve business problems
- Maximize sales and profitability of retail & digital channels by analyzing inventory strategies, risks, and opportunities
- Research and understand key factors in consumer behavior and purchase process to inform our product development strategy
- Design and build analytical solutions to streamline or automate current manual processes
- Integrate relevant information and disparate data sources in developing analysis, insights, and recommendations
- Effectively scope, size, and plan the development of analytical solutions and set expectations accordingly
- Create dashboards and visualizations to track key performance indicators and effectively communicate trends
- Work with finance and business leaders to understand and prioritize opportunities where data and analytical insights can provide significant business value
- Summarize analytical findings and make recommendations on potential business opportunities to stakeholders
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent.
- 2-4 years or more professional experience in data analytics and statistics
- 1+ years or more experience providing analytics in the animation, SVOD, television, or related areas
- Expert user of SQL for data analysis
- Experience with data visualization through Looker, Tableau, or similar tools
- Excellent statistics background and ability to explain analytical methodologies simply and thoroughly
How You Will Be Successful
- Collaborative: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization. You build trust and collaborate with partners at all levels.
- Communication: Impeccable written and verbal communication. Able to articulate the complexities of your findings to a wide range of audiences and can design intuitive visualizations to illustrate and support your analysis and recommendations.
- Data Driven: You possess an affinity for rigorous data analysis and present data in a manner that provokes thought and new insights, adding value to your clients.
- Inquisitive: You continue to ask the right questions and love the search for answers.
- Detail Oriented: You are able to use granular and detailed data to build holistic view of the world and are able to find and identify outliers within massive data sets.
- Logical and analytical: You’re quantitative and qualitative and able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information and tell the story through data. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Creative: Not all answers come easy, but you should be able to find solutions to your problems when faced with roadblocks.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.