The Senior Financial Analyst is a critical role responsible for financial planning and analysis for specific product lines and departments within the company. This includes budgeting, forecasting, analyzing, and evaluating opportunities to advise and influence business leaders. This position will influence their departments & business leaders through analytics, tactical/operational planning, and cross-business collaboration. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, be self-directed, have keen attention to detail, and be able to anticipate business analytical support as needed to improve financial performance.
What You’ll Do
- Drive financial planning processes for assigned area, including budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Participating as a key finance stakeholder in cross functional teams within area of scope
- Update & maintain financial and operational performance metrics on a regular cadence
- Work with BI to create business dashboards and visualizations to track key performance indicators and drive optimal financial performance
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses as needed to drive business insights
- Create and present business cases to analyze and assess business opportunities
- Support cross-business analytic projects with financial modeling, data mining and presentation support
- Share expert financial knowledge with teammates and business partners to continually improve financial acumen of the organization
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or equivalent 5-7 years of relevant financial planning & analysis experience (international experience a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of budgeting and accounting software applications
- Experience and familiarity with Tableau, or similar tools
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Oracle and/or SAP, preferred
- MBA qualification preferred
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
- Impact and Influence: You have the ability to persuade others to support an idea, agenda or direction. Your strategic influence includes establishing credibility or using data to directly persuade or address a person’s issues or concerns.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.