Web Testing & Optimization Specialist, eCommerce (Pokémon Center)
Summary of the role
The Pokémon Company International is embarking on an innovation journey and radically transforming its digital commerce capabilities to meet accelerating international demand for original Pokémon products, while continuing to provide best-in-class user experience. We are looking for a Site Testing & Optimization Specialist to join our team! This position will report to the Manager of Planning & Analytics to build and execute a testing & optimization roadmap, drive user experience improvements and contribute to our growth. This position will work with cross functional teams within the company (Design, Merchandising, Marketing, Operations, Development, BI, IT, Legal, Editing). Additionally, this position will support ad hoc data analysis requests and general maintenance of web analytics solutions and will collaborate with technical teams to support the continuous development of our web properties. This position will also be involved in projects pertaining to site accessibility, cookie management, data privacy and other projects impacting customer experience and data management. The ideal candidate exhibits curiosity and initiative, with a keen eye for opportunity and a passion for user experience optimization.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate ideation efforts and foster alignment around optimization needs to build & maintain a collaborative, comprehensive, prioritized & evolving optimization roadmap.
- Build, validate and execute testing & optimization campaigns using our dedicated optimization tool
- Regularly communicate & present updates, insights and progress reports on testing & optimization efforts to stakeholders
- Manage the relationship with our dedicated testing & optimization tool provider through regular meetings, allocation of support hours from the vendor and capitalizing on their expertise and industry insight.
- Improve and report on site KPIs through testing & optimization: improve conversion rate, reduce checkout abandonment, increase product discoverability & contribute to ongoing improvements in site stability, speed and performance.
- Collaborate & coordinate with internal stakeholders to support data needs and drive optimization efforts across teams.
- Collaborate with technical resources to support continuous site improvements (feature flag development, validations in lower environments) and occasional site deployments (provide sign off, verify site stability, ensure continued data flow to web analytics tools)
- Maintain and update Google Tag Manager & coordinate with necessary resources to update & improve our web analytics capabilities & data layer implementation.
- Support the adoption of a data driven culture through the socialization of insights & findings, collaboration with other technical resources within the company and coordination or delivery of training of our web analytics tools.
- Leverage our dedicated site scanning tool (SiteImprove) to systematize improvements around site accessibility, data privacy, quality assurance, search engine optimization and site speed.
What You Will Bring
- 3+ years of experience in eCommerce & optimization
- 2+ years of experience in testing, experimentation & web analytics
- Proven success in an experimentation role and passion for customer experience optimization
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and analysis to support hypothesis testing, provide recommendations, and drive actions
- Proficiency with experimentation tools like Monetate, SiteSpect, Google Optimize, Optimizely, or Adobe Target
- Proficiency with web analytics tools like Google Analytics, Omniture/Adobe Analytics, Amplitude, and experience with Tableau
- Bachelors Science or equivalent
How You Will Be Successful
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to stakeholders. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to not only to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership, but also identify root causes and solutions, and strive for an unmatched customer experience.
- Communication: You excel at generating excitement and consensus around initiatives and projects that you are involved in. You have the ability to engage with different stakeholders at a technical, design or business level.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing experiences appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology/design trends and User Experience/User Interface concepts.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.