The Senior 3D Artist will create high quality game content for mobile and PC/Desktop platforms. As a 3D generalist, this role will be responsible for creating immersive environments, game assets and proof-of-concept prototypes. The 3D artist will use leading industry modeling, sculpting and texturing tools to create 3D assets for supported products.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with art leads and design to develop 3D props, environments, textures, and materials including Physically Based Rendering (PBR) shaders.
- Take an active role in developing 3D art pipelines and best practices.
- Effectively produce prototypes to quickly iterate on and explore game concepts and technical challenges.
- Integrate game assets and environments into the Unity engine with a fundamental knowledge of shaders, lighting, animation, and rendering.
- Efficiently manage workload, prioritize tasks, and support deliverables to meet project deadlines and milestones.
- Troubleshoot, problem solve and ensure performance and optimization are in line with technical specifications and framerate budgets.
- Collaborate with various disciplines and team leadership to meet challenging objectives while fostering a positive and engaging working relationship.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience as a 3D artist in the video game industry.
- Professional Unity experience with a thorough understanding of the engines rendering pipeline.
- Professional experience using industry standard tools such as Photoshop, Maya, Max, ZBrush and Substance Painter.
- Clear understanding of game engine performance costs and optimization techniques including poly count management, texture sizes, rendering and draw calls.
- A strong working knowledge of sculpting and hard surface modeling techniques including low and high poly workflows.
- Robust knowledge of mobile and PC/Desktop platform development.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.