The Client Engineering Manager is responsible for ensuring that our key projects are released on time and to a quality level expected by our fans. This position will need to be able to work efficiently across disciplines to communicate constraints and requirements. Although this is a people manager position, this role is expected to be an expert of Unity and able to properly assist others through development processes. This role will work with production to schedule sprints and milestones and will accurately estimate tasks.
What You’ll Do
- Be a point of contact for managed engineers’ status, progress and health
- Set project constraints and processes
- Design and Spec Systems
- Ensure Project consistency and health
- Assist with scheduling and sprint planning
- Mentor junior developers
- Debug and optimize Unity projects
- Write and deploy performant code for multiple platforms
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years in a game development studio in a lead role
- 6+ years of experience with game development experience
- Experience of the full development cycle from prototyping and live support
- Must have shipped at least one 10+ full team member Unity project in a lead role
- Experience with production deployment and certification
- Experience with managing continuous integration systems
- Experience working with a production team and managing a team of engineers
How You Will Be Successful
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards for peers through your work and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
- Creativity and Vision: You inject originality into your daily work research, knowledge and networking. You think outside the box and are willing to take a risk to find the best solutions.
- Professional Know-How: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up to date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
- Process focus: You see value in process and appreciate the benefits of change. You focus efforts on continuous improvement and optimizing work processes to ensure efficiency and consistency
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.