Sr. Merchandise Developer (3D)
Summary of the Role
The Pokémon Center Product Development division of The Pokémon Company International (TPCi) is the team that develops and/or imports products for all TPCi Pokémon Center channels. This team is also tasked with assuring that all Pokémon Center products are created accurate and true to the rules and vision of the Pokémon brand while maintaining the highest level of quality possible. This position will be responsible for working on development of new ideas, directing the artwork for the 3D-based themes, and working with vendor to perfect product design, while also following internal review and tracking processes. The ideal candidate will be familiar with various types of production and will be able to help guide around manufacturing challenges.
Strong portfolio required with application for consideration.
- Help develop new products based on overall Pokémon Center Product Management plans.
- Manage creation of new products through internal processes/systems.
- Sketching/designing out new character-based lines.
- Develop product from concept to final production.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current and future pop-culture product trends.
- Work independently on the design of product lines with direction from Product team.
- Communicate to management of product/project status and next steps.
- Interpret internal stakeholders’ requests into visual design options.
- Create design briefs for 3D product lines
- Work on multiple projects or concepts simultaneously.
- Required to keep abreast of developments in design applications and new print trends and techniques.
What You Will Bring
- 7+ years of related experience in product design or development
- Must be knowledgeable with design and development processes that includes managing feedback from multiple sources, constructive criticism, and creative direction
- Understanding of 3D modeling software such as Rhino, ZBrush, Maya or similar
- Expert proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of print technology, including screen print, digital, and offset processes is a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment and the initiative to work independently.
- Professional ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects at one time, and have excellent follow-up skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
- Familiarity with Pokémon world is a plus
- Interest in animation, video games, and/or trading card games is a plus.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you add story in what you develop; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to communicate ideas and details of a project both verbally and visually. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together. You have a desire to stay current on pop culture and collectible trends.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.