Sr. Business Operations Specialist
Summary of the Role
The Pokémon International Company is transforming its digital commerce capabilities to meet accelerating demand for original and collectable Pokémon products. As the ecommerce business continues to grow, so has the number of operational tasks needed to support the business. The Sr. Business Operations Specialist will be involved in multiple areas of business operations within TPCi, such as warehouse, finance, customer service, legal and marketing. This person will analyze and resolve business operations issues and help look for scalable long term solutions. This role will also project-manage tasks that various teams are completing to support ecommerce team, to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.
What You Will Do
- Develop an understanding of operational and process issues that need troubleshooting, such as causes and effects.
- Plan and execute internal non-technical projects or programs from initiation to delivery.
- Gather required data from internal stakeholders to evaluate objectives, goals, and scope to define deliverables.
- Document and communicate situations, tasks, action items, and results.
- Complete various operational tasks that have not yet been automated. Work closely with various internal departments to ensure successful completion of products.
- Check orders status and process payments or cancellations as needed. Monitor issues with payments.
- Process escalated orders, fulfillments, and returns as needed
- Monitor and review daily order status reports for unusual activity and issues
- Update and maintain certain rules and settings related to customer purchases
- Work with the finance team to review credits, payments, chargebacks, reporting
- Project manage tasks with the warehouse team
- Process product returns, and check inventory statuses
- Gather data that can help the team make decisions.
- Recommend areas for process improvements.
- Track and address common themes in partnership with the customer service team
- Coordinate unique tasks that the ecommerce team has with editing, legal, and marketing teams
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years in ecommerce, logistics, operations, logistics, project management or relevant experience
- Proficiency and comfort with Excel, especially in looking at and managing large quantities of data
- Proficiency in project management software/tools is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: Impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together.
- Drive for Results (Bias for Action): You have an eagerness to take initiative and in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are proactive drive to find and solve problems
- Cross group collaboration - You have demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional key stakeholders. You are flexible with tolerance for have ability to manage ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Logical and Analytical: The ideal candidate is passionate about project management, is analytical, is meticulous in execution. You have attention to detail and the ability to maintain quality
- Process oriented-- You appreciate the consistency and efficiencies that come from process and encourage compliance with processes from others.
- Time Management: You can handle multiple projects with varying and changing timelines. Projects are completed on time and you ask for help as needed. You have proven organization skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.