The Client Engineer at The Pokémon Company International will design and develop in Unity for best-in-class mobile products. This role will work with technology leads and feature owners to build systems and features that promote performance, stability, and accuracy to the intended design. The Client Engineer will work closely with production and quality assurance to ensure proper tracking and test coverage.
What You Will Do
- Partner with multiple disciplines to optimize asset pipeline for a live product and implement gameplay features and mechanics.
- Build features in a way that enables easy testing during development, with thorough prototyping in continuous integration systems.
- Prototype, design, and develop code with Unity’s testing, debugging, user interface, and profiling systems.
What You Will Bring
- 6+ years in a game development role.
- 3+ years of experience with mobile game development, with at least one shipped mobile Unity title.
- Experience with online social game systems.
- Experience with live and networked games.
- BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent years of work experience.
How You Will Be Successful
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards for peers through your work and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
- Creativity and Vision: You inject originality into your daily work research, knowledge and networking. You think outside the box and are willing to take a risk to find the best solutions.
- Professional Know-How: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up to date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.