The Sr. FX Artist will create fully realized visual FX from concept to final, implemented assets within the game engine. This role will implement processes, best practices, and leverage best-in-class industry standards to deliver high quality experiences that engage and delight Pokémon fans around the world.
What You’ll Do
- Embrace a creative problem-solving approach to creating effects. Develop creative or technical solutions as they arise.
- Establish, adopt, and maintain effective processes to produce cohesive, consistent assets.
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and ideate effects or effect sequences with other VFX artists and creative leads.
- Be mindful of your workload, prioritize tasks, and support sprint deliverables to meet project deadlines and milestones.
- Contribute to a culture of team collaboration, open communication, mutual respect, and high morale.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of Visual Effects (VFX) experience in the video game industry.
- Professional Unity experience with a thorough understanding of the engine’s particle systems.
- Robust knowledge of mobile and PC/Desktop platform development.
- Strong fundamental art skills with a working knowledge of industry standard tools such as Photoshop, Clip Studio, or equivalents.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.