The Manager of Software Quality is a key quality leader supporting the team providing quality assurance for digital product development at The Pokemon Company International (TPCi). They are responsible for helping the team deliver against the long-term strategy for the Software Quality department. The team supports production teams for major websites, back-end services, platform and infrastructure, and mobile applications developed for TPCi. This role works with team members and other stakeholders ensuring quality products, enabling the organization to provide experiences that delight our customers. The Manager of Software Quality will be a key supporter and driver of software quality and reliability delivered to customers and partners.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of software quality professionals including mentorship and development responsibilities for members of the team.
- Work with other managers to improve the efficiency of the software quality organization through effective leadership, identification of individual and group training, and overall people development improvements.
- Support the team to incorporate risk mitigation strategies in project specific planning and testing.
- Contribute to the criteria for reporting through collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends, allowing the team to measure and report on quality.
- Participate in on-going initiatives to improve quality metrics and the software development lifecycle, supporting the delivery of the Software Quality department’s work.
- Identify, develop, and sustain partnerships within the Technology Organization.
- Educate the members of the Software Quality department on best practices, quality metrics, and influence design and implementation with a quality mindset.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or equivalent working experience.
- 5+ years of software testing experience.
- Strong experience in leading and mentoring software test engineers and software development engineers in test.
- Experience operating within an Agile development environment, preferably SCRUM.
- Experience analyzing complex problems and presenting multiple solutions to key stakeholders.
- A genuine interest in understanding and motivating individual members of the team to achieve their best results.
- Proven ability to manage and direct at all levels of testing including unit, functional, automation, regression, performance and scalability testing.
- Demonstrated experience communicating both technical and non-technical information across teams and departments.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to effectively deliver content and convey messaging to diverse audiences.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to complete deliverables with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: Team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills, experience, geographies and levels within the organization.
- Change agent and Innovator: You are comfortable with educating and influencing others through change and don’t shy away from challenging the status quo. You consider the needs of the client, culture, and best practices to identify creative QA solutions that work for all.
- Strategic acumen and leadership agility: You understand current state and can visualize the ideal state to be able to counsel, connect dots and influence leadership, business partners and employees to translate vision into action. You provide your team stretch assignments and encourage continuous learning and development.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients. You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on QA trends and agile concepts.
- Global and Diverse perspective: You understand how ethnic, cultural, and political matters influence business and can integrate local and global information into decisions affecting multiple sites. You appreciate diversity of thought, talents and representation and understand its power to engage employees.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Up to 10% domestic or international travel may be required.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.