The Associate Product Marketing Manager assists in the execution of go-to-market plans, Organized Play, and live ops support for the Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG). Partnering closely with the TCG Product Marketing Lead, in addition to a cross-functional team of The Pokémon Company International stakeholders, channel leads, and vendor/agency partners, this role will help carry out marketing plans, ensuring streamlined communication and flawless execution.
What You Will Do
- Partner with Product Marketing Manager and Development teams to understand product features, audience segmentation, and target player engagement and business goals.
- Assist in the development of marketing plans and communication of key details to the extended marketing team and serve as a product champion.
- Assist in the development of creative materials, TCG asset management, and product reviews, including internal/external feedback loops and approvals.
- Assist in the maintenance of marketing calendars, ensuring milestones are up-to-date and communicated to key stakeholders.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of campaign performance reports, tracking against business and marketing key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Document decisions with meeting notes, following up on action items as required.
- Assist in the preparation of user research and surveys
- Assist in general coordination between local teams and international partners, both internal and external
What You Will Bring
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a marketing professional working in gaming (Trading Card Games experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Deep knowledge and a passion for the Trading Card Game industry
- Prior experience shipping product into a retail environment
- Preferably experience with shipping at least one TCG expansion to a global audience (i.e., distribution beyond the United States)
- Demonstrated program management skills to support the creation and implementation of hype, launch, and sustainment marketing activities, and the ability to problem-solve wherever needed
- While passion for the Pokémon brand is a plus it is not required, knowledge of and a willingness to learn more about the brand is a must.
How You Will Be Successful
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization. You build trust and collaborate with partners at all levels.
- Communications: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to effectively deliver content and convey messaging to diverse audiences.
- Process Focus: You see value in process and appreciate the benefits of change. You focus efforts on continuous improvement and optimizing work processes to ensure efficiency and consistency
- Analytical Thinking: You use logical reasoning to systematically analyze, diagnose, and resolve issues using data.
- Excellence (Quality): You maintain and promote high standards, seeking ways to improve products and services, encouraging others to do the same, resulting in quality deliverables
- Global Perspective: You understand how ethnic, cultural, and political matters influence business and can integrate local and global information into day-to-day decisions affecting the organization.
- Growth Mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on trends and concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. International collaboration may necessitate occasional meeting times outside of standard business hours. Some international and domestic travel may be necessary at times, up to 15%.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.