Summary Of The Role
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Trading Card Games(TCG) game design team. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the Pokémon TCG as well as collectible games in general, a passion for championing the Play! Pokémon experience, and strong connections to the Pokémon TCG community. For this position, we are considering mid-level candidates with at least 5 years working in a professional creative and collaborative game design capacity. Candidates with demonstrable experience specifically relating to the Pokémon TCG outside a professional working, while also having a minimum 5 years work experience in related creative field will also be considered.
What You Will Do
- Work collaboratively with Game Design, Organized Play, Marketing, and Project Management teams to facilitate a clear direction and to execute innovative TCG product and experience designs specifically targeting community and competitive Pokémon TCG player base
- Be a game design champion constantly looking to evolve the TCG mechanics and interactions, finding ways to improve and expand the players’ experience with the game
- Review and provide editorial feedback on game design documents, proposals and conceptual prototypes
- Work within existing TPCi’s IP guidelines to create new, innovate experiences for both casual and competitive game play
- Act as a creative negotiator that can champion the needs of gameplay and advise development teams while remaining sensitive to the needs of our internal stakeholders
- Be extremely organized in the game design workflow from initial concept to final release and post-release support
- Construct and edit game design presentations for communication within the Project Management team as well as internal stakeholders
- Prepare reports and data visualization on future products and past product performance to present to internal stakeholders
- Review and proof Pokémon TCG cards and supporting materials for errors and omissions
What You Will Bring
- Understanding of TPCi brand, specifically Pokémon TCG, with a focus on Community and Organized Play
- Extensive knowledge of Play! Pokémon events, tournaments, and community
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple assignments, balance priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to synthesize game-play data to improve the game as necessary
- Interest in all things gaming from mobile to console and wider industry trends with a specific passion for crafting amazing gaming experiences for TCGs
- In-depth Game Design experience and knowledge, specifically as it related to the Pokémon TCG
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM or Game Design related fields preferred
- Previous game design responsibility and understanding of game design application preferred
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Time Management: You can handle multiple projects with varying and changing timelines. Projects are completed on time and you ask for help as needed
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Attention to detail: Misplaced data can have wide sweeping effects on games. You find the errors most would overlook.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.