The primary role of the Senior Systems Engineer is to design, manage, and enhance The Pokemon Company Internationals’ IT systems and services. This service-oriented individual works within a dedicated IT team to deliver technology solutions for approximately 800 staff across multiple locations. They will also assist in the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of corporate servers, software systems, and applications.
What You Will Do
- Take ownership and provide the highest levels of uptime and reliability of our IT servers and services.
- Design, review and provide input towards delivering technical solutions for long-term IT strategies and growth.
- Install, configure, and maintain Cloud, On-Premise and SaaS application systems.
- Maintain end-to-end understanding of existing technologies, services, and their use within the business.
- Coordinate system deployments with other teams, internal stakeholders, external partners, and vendors.
- Provide post-mortem support to determine root cause of service interruptions and make recommendations on changes needed to prevent recurrence.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with server application errors, performance issues, and hardware malfunctions across the enterprise.
- Provide Tier III leadership support as an escalation for team members. Provide technical guidance or direction to the IT team and engage external vendor support as required.
- Ensure consistent, timely, and effective response for all technical incidents/tickets reported by customers.
- Research new or enhance existing technologies, conduct proof-of-concepts, make recommendations, and develop business cases to justify new technology investments.
- Develop and enhance technical documentation to reflect changes to IT systems.
- Act as first responder in the on-call rotation.
What You Will Bring
- 7 years+ of experience providing enterprise IT systems engineering and administration support.
- 7 years+ of experience providing functional Tier III systems support in Windows and Mac environments.
- Deep technical and engineering experience in design, deployment, and management of Microsoft systems and services including: Server OS, SCCM, Active Directory (on-prem and hybrid), Group Policy, File Services, DNS, and Office 365.
- Working experience with cloud services such as AWS or Azure. Integration with SaaS and SSO providers in cloud and on-premise services.
- Solid understanding of Windows PowerShell scripting and task automation.
- Experience in Virtual server configuration, deployment, and management.
- Demonstrated experience with project coordination and time management, using analytical skills to work on multiple projects while simultaneously having limited supervision.
- A working history of using strong, professional communication skills, both verbal and written, including the skill to articulate, and translate technical language to non-technical customers.
- Proficient in data backup in virtual server, and cloud environments.
- Knowledge and experience with Intune and JAMF are a plus.
- Industry Certifications (MCSA, MCSE, VCP, Server+, PMP) are a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format. You’re able to demonstrate active listening to make your customer feel heard and understood.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You’re empathetic and understanding to employees who need your help. You aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and display patience and professionalism working with employees having a range of computer competencies.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
- Service Orientation: You keep internal and external customer(s) in mind at all times. You strive to proactively address customer concerns and needs and to provide consistent customer satisfaction.
- Integrity and Trust: behaves in an authentic, honest, fair, and ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and actions. Is a credible business advocate and partners possessing courage to address matters promptly.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.