Summary Of The Role
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Trading Card Games (TCG) Expansion team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data/taxonomy, extensive knowledge of TCGs, and outstanding people skills. For this position, we are considering mid-level candidates which will be determined by your interview and years of experience.
What You Will Do
- Identify, control, and store data and workflow within our custom database tool
- Work with our dev team to develop and test new features for the tool
- Resolve discrepancies and maintain documentation of operational processes
- Proofing of Pokémon trading cards and products
- Planning/Implementation: Be extremely organized in the data workflow from initial concept to final release and post-release support
- Prepare reports and data visualization on future products and past product performance to present to internal stakeholders
- Review and provide feedback on game design documents, proposals and prototypes
What You Will Bring
- Database/Data model/Data Taxonomy education and/or experience
- Understanding of TPCi games and brand, specifically for TCGs
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple assignments, balance priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to improve functionality or best practices
- Interest in all things gaming from mobile to console and wider industry trends with a specific passion for crafting amazing gaming experiences for TCGs
- Game Design experience or knowledge, experience in trading Card and strategy games preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management/Library Science or Game Design related fields preferred
How You Will Be Successful
- Attention to detail: Misplaced data can have wide sweeping effects on games. You find the errors most would overlook. You can design processes to minimize their future occurrences.
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Time Management: You can handle multiple projects with varying and changing timelines. Projects are completed on time and you ask for help as needed
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.