Summary of the Role.
The Manager, Consumer Product Approval will focus on upholding the vision and standards of the Pokémon brand. The ideal candidate will be expected to fully immerse themself in the Pokémon brand; this ranges from playing the video and trading card games to watching the animated series and learning how each applies to products. This position will guide internal and external stakeholders on usage of assets in various mediums while ensuring accurate representation of brand and maintaining the highest level of quality possible.
What You Will Do
- Manage, train, and guide employees on the Consumer Product Approval team.
- Provide direction and prioritization to team members ensuring all resources are being optimally utilized and allocated.
- Perform supervisory functions: hiring, onboarding, coaching, development, performance.
- Accountable for management of key internal projects, all licensees within assigned portfolio for both yourself and team, which includes resolving issues, reviewing/approving submissions and guiding/educating internal and external stakeholders on brand.
- Work closely with internal partners to develop, manage and effectively prioritize project and production timelines to get product to market. Identify barriers to success and provide recommendations. Communicate and escalate issues as necessary.
- Manage complex and highly visible projects.
- Identify and implement strategies that will enhance internal processes, increase efficiency on team, and improve communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain, and update tools and training documents that can be used to train team members, and educate internal and external stakeholders.
What You Will Bring
- 6 years’ experience in Product Management, Publishing, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in technical or business field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Excellent judgment, critical thinking and decision-making capabilities.
- Must be solution-oriented and results driven.
- Eager learner who is not afraid to ask questions.
- Knowledge/understanding of publishing functions, process, and formats.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Previous management experience is a plus.
- Editing experience is a plus.
- Bilingual in English and any second language is a plus
- Interest in animation, video games, and/or trading card games is a plus.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: An outstanding verbal and written communicator, with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and demonstrate high attention to detail.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to various stakeholders. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together.
- Change agent and innovator: You have the patience, perseverance and diligence to lead strategic initiatives and contribute to the adoption of new ways.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally and domestically may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.