The Data Platform Engineer will focus on enabling the business to make data-driven decisions by; improving and maintaining a cloud-based data platform, facilitating collaboration with stakeholders and application developers, as well as consulting for design of data models and evangelization of data solutions / best practices.
What You’ll Do
- Interface with other technology teams via agile practices to develop extract-transform-load pipelines (eg. Spark/pyspark), as well as unit tests.
- Refine version-controlled pipelines with unit testing, CI/CD and optimizations.
- Drive design improvements of schemas, data lake and data warehouse solutions in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Partner with Development and Test teams to enable automated self-service pipelines using Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Design for data integrity and security through all environments as well as the data lifecycle.
- Create and monitor pipeline health metrics to ensure optimal performance and reduce any downtime.
- Stay current with the data engineering technologies and trends to continually provide value to our partner development teams.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in data engineering development.
- Intermediate experience as primary contributor in Spark application development.
- Intermediate experience in creating and curating BI support datasets.
- Familiarity using IaC via cloud technologies such as CloudFormation and/or Terraform.
- Demonstrable experience proactively communicating, creating/updating documentation and presenting data to peers and stakeholders.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: Impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information into a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles or setbacks, utilizing self-guided research and collaborating with colleagues. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients/stakeholders; you ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through. You utilize critical thinking and data to inform decisions.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and create something great together; building and enhancing appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts, related to data engineering and providing value to clients/stakeholders.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.