The Pokémon International Company is embarking on an innovation journey and radically transforming its digital commerce capabilities to meet accelerating international demand for Pokémon products. A world-renowned brand with a startup culture, committed at the highest executive levels to leveraging the most modern technologies to achieve a bold new vision for our company and our fans.
We are looking for a Buying Manager for the eCommerce team whose role will be to continuously elevate our product offerings by driving a cross pillar assortment strategy including collaborations with other brands that meet the needs of new and existing fans of Pokémon and strive to exceed our revenue goals.
- Directly manage the buying requirements for the eCommerce team to develop and deliver an annual assortment strategy that drives business objectives for international expansion
- Meet and exceed product and category revenue goals to hit company business objectives
- Partner with internal teams on product development from concept to execution in order to meet the eCommerce teams overall annual assortment strategy
- Work with Marketing, Product Sourcing and Logistics teams to track, hit and communicate release dates and communication plan
- The ideal candidate will be solution focused, be able to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty while maintaining a focus on the wider global strategic initiatives for product development to ensure alignment with international expansion goals
- Set line plans by working cross-functionally with Product Development to establish target-style count and set internal price ranges, understanding industry pricing, to establish MSRP’s for all products
- Work alongside Product Design and Marketing teams to ensure a cohesive brand strategy when developing line plans and expanding into new categories
- Support with the development of a ‘local for global’ sourcing strategy for specific categories
- Develop relationships with and outreach to local third party vendors in tandem with internal sourcing team
- Pitch brand-defining product collaborations and partner with internal teams to ensure brand-right design and packaging
- Work with Logistics, Product Sourcing and Marketing teams to drive continuous improvements in both margin and revenue in all product categories
- Develop and maintain reporting and analysis tools to track forecast, purchasing, sales and inventory data in line with business objectives.
KNOWLEDGE & Skills & Experience
- BA or BS Degree or related field
- 10+ years professional product development or retail buying experience preferred
- Brand experience preferred
- P&L management experience preferred
- A passion for product design and product quality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Additional European or Japanese language skills a plus
- Strong team player
- Must possess solid organizational, meeting management, effective time management skills
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- The role is principally based in London – however TPCi London staff may work from home till e/June 2021. This policy is subject to change.