We are creating the spending platform of the future — starting by building a modern charge card for young professionals that unlocks access to unique experiences. With our sleek design, cutting-edge tech, and world-class support, we’re changing how the new generation of professionals spend. We are backed by Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures and Y Combinator — with over $50mm in funding.
We’re a small team of experienced engineers from a number of high-performance teams at startups, Facebook, Shopify, and Apple. We run a low-process high output team with few barriers between your work and our customers' delight. If you are passionate about design, fintech, and building - we'd love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join us working on our Charge Card platform. If this sounds interesting, please reach out!
About the Role
Point is looking for passionate software engineers to create the spending platform of the future. We seek engineers that are problem solvers, understand & empathize with customer problems, and are mission driven. Every engineer at Point gets to work on mission critical systems that will move millions of dollars and directly impact lives of thousands of people, in a positive & meaningful way.
Who we're looking for
Software Engineers at Point build the logic and systems that power the evolution of our financial platform, including new consumer-facing features, iteration and refinement of the core card product, and revolutionary new ways for consumers to pay.
You'll work with us to build reliable systems to issue physical cards, process online and offline payments, guard against fraudulent transactions, categorize customers into high and low risk — all at Internet scale under demanding latency constraints. You will work closely with frontend counterparts to design and build supporting application logic that will power our core products and consumer experience.
Our stack, front to back: React, REST, Java/Spring, ECS, PostgresSQL, AWS
- 5+ years experience developing client/server software in a dynamically-typed languages (Node, Ruby, Python), statically-typed languages (Java, C, C++), or other modern environments (Go, Rust, Elixir, etc).
- 3+ years experience developing cloud-based software on AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Knowledge of data modeling in SQL and relational databases
- Good unit testing habits and a belief in code coverage
- Good collaboration skills & the ability to work well with product, design, or other cross-functional teams
- Understanding of optimization & performance profiling
- Fintech or cryptocurrency experience, especially at a venture-backed startup
- Experience using Java Spring Boot Framework
- Experience building out REST APIs
- Join a lean high-performance team in the early days to build a massive company.
- Competitive cash and equity comp (we believe in ownership).
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid company holidays. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.