Point is a technology and design company that transforms everyday spending into a delightful and rewarding experience. We’re re-thinking the payment experience with an emphasis on transparency, delight, and personalization.
With the best benefits of both debit and credit, Point Card earns you points on every purchase redeemable for instant cash-back. Point App works side by side with Point Card to create an elegant, easy-to-use experience.
Backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures) and Y Combinator, we’re well-funded and ready to make a positive impact on people’s daily lives.
We’re looking for a Support Team Supervisor to join our specialized team. We have the vision and resources, and need your talent and skills.
About The Role:
We are looking for an experienced Support Team Supervisor to join our Member Support team.
In this role you would be responsible for managing a team of front line member support reps. We are looking for someone who has experience developing a team and wants to bring their talents into a growing organization. You will refine and further develop key metrics to measure impact, while working closely with teams across the organization in particular and Point as a whole.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of front line Member Support Representatives, assessing their work and giving them feedback to maximize performance.
- Conduct performance reviews, provide quality feedback and develop frontline employees, while also motivating the team and driving morale.
- Develop, schedule and train workforce, build relationships and utilize skills of the team most appropriately.
- Resolve escalated customer service issues by working closely with the Member Support reps.
- Initiate cross-departmental communication and coordination to escalate and resolve customer issues.
- Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
- Work closely with the larger Member Support team and subject-matter experts to deliver optimal performance at the front line level.
- Identify trends and deep dive into team data to improve performance and create accountability / visibility across the team.
- Understand how SLAs impact the business and work with key stakeholders to refine them as business goals shift.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Prior work experience in Financial, Fintech or Banking organizations is a strong plus.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of experience.
- 5+ years experience in customer support roles, in a high contact volume environment.
- At least 2-3 years in a lead/managerial role with demonstrated ability to set goals, develop talent, and maintain positive morale.
- Passionate about people development, mentorship and coaching.
- Strong interpersonal skills, building relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with building and leading small to mid-scale support teams in a Customer Experience environment.
- A passionate and customer-oriented mindset and drive to deliver on service excellence.
- Excellent Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Familiarity with SalesForce, ZenDesk and other CRM’s tools.
- Experience (or strong interest) in working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- At ease with ambiguity.
- Ability to work on weekdays and weekends with flexible shift timings.
- Job responsibilities may change from time to time.
- Join a fast-growing brand that is building thoughtful spending products.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points.
- Monthly stipends on your Point Card to use for lunch, commuting, and other essentials.