Point is a technology and design company that transforms everyday spending into a delightful and rewarding experience. We’re re-thinking the payment experience with an emphasis on transparency, delight, and personalization.
With the best benefits of both debit and credit, Point Card earns you points on every purchase redeemable for instant cash-back. Point App works side by side with Point Card to create an elegant, easy-to-use experience.
Backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures) and Y Combinator, we’re well-funded and ready to make a positive impact on people’s daily lives.
We’re looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) to join our specialized team. We have the vision and resources, but need your talent and skills.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for ensuring the stability of the platform (APIs, Mobile, and web). You'll be responsible and accountable for validating or creating acceptance criteria for feature development. Develop and implement end-to-end test plans for complex, multi-tier, distributed applications throughout the full software development lifecycle. Play a key role in ensuring all appropriate applications are fully tested and instrumented to drive and measure optimal customer experience.
- Work within an agile development environment with engineers, other testers, and product owners to scope,
test, and ensure stability and also deliver world-class platform solutions.
- Collaborate with and assist the product owners on release planning and testing scope.
- Play an active role in the quality of production software
- Write unit tests, automation, and debug in conjunction with engineering to help ensure the highest possible
- Help to continuously improve the test process
- Degree in computer science or related field with 3-5 years of industry experience
- 5+ years experience with software testing, and debugging skills
- Experience working in software development and/or test development group
- Understanding React, GraphQL, and Node is a huge plus.
- Experience with load testing and load balance testing.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Open and collaborative communication style
- You know testing and quality assurance methodologies and processes
- You have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- You like system-level thinking and interdisciplinary work
- You are able to manage your diverse tasks efficiently and meet your commitments
- You are interested in continuous learning and new technologies
Bonus Points (no pun intended):
- Experience in testing production-quality server software
- Experience in testing real-time and multithreaded systems
- Experience in testing on mobile devices
- Experience in real-time communication in a remote environment
- Experience in analyzing log files and crash dumps
- Experience with performance profiling and tools
- Knowledge of web and mobile technologies is a plus
- You’re ready to dive headfirst into a fast-paced, dynamic, fun environment
- You have other special skills to make you stand above the crowd
- Fintech or cryptocurrency experience, especially at a venture-backed startup
- Join a fast-growing brand that is building thoughtful spending products.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points.
- Monthly stipends on your Point Card to use for lunch, commuting, and other essentials.