Point is a technology and design company that transforms everyday spending into a delightful and rewarding experience. We’re re-thinking the payment experience with an emphasis on transparency, delight, and personalization.
With the best benefits of both debit and credit, Point Card earns you points on every purchase redeemable for instant cash-back. Point App works side by side with Point Card to create an elegant, easy-to-use experience.
Backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures) and Y Combinator, we’re well-funded and ready to make a positive impact on people’s daily lives.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to join our specialized team. We have the vision and resources, and need your talent and skills.
Who we're looking for
Point is looking for Data Engineer on Point's Data Engineering team, you will help to establish the foundations of Point's data infrastructure. You will work closely with data consumer and software engineering teams to build build best-in-class data pipelines and processes that stitch together complex sets of data stores and drive large investment decisions.
You will be the expert on Point's data solutions that enable the team to build and roll out Machine Learning models, effectively design and launch experimentation, and provide stakeholders the visibility into the direct business impact.
What we'll build together
As the first Data Engineer at Point, you'll help us improve & optimize our core card offering, test improvements, and surface key insights to leadership.
You'll perform deep analytics on large datasets, build models to describe and predict member behavior, and produce insights that shape key decisions & investment areas.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or related discipline
- Proficiency with data warehouse architectures, schema design & dimensional data modeling
- Experience building complex, scalable ETLs using SQL and Python
- Experience using and maintaining orchestration tools, like Airflow
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems, data architecture, and software design patterns
- Fintech or cryptocurrency experience, especially at a venture-backed startup
- Hands on experience on cloud-based computing services and data warehouses like Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, or similar
- Experience using orchestration tools (like Airflow) and dashboarding tools (Metabase, Mode, etc.)
- Join a fast-growing brand that is building thoughtful spending products.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points.
- Monthly stipends on your Point Card to use for lunch, commuting, and other essentials.