Point is a technology and design company that transforms everyday spending into a delightful and rewarding experience. We’re re-thinking the payment experience with an emphasis on transparency, delight, and personalization.
With the best benefits of both debit and credit, Point Card earns you points on every purchase redeemable for instant cash-back. Point App works side by side with Point Card to create an elegant, easy-to-use experience.
Backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures) and Y Combinator, we’re well-funded and ready to make a positive impact on people’s daily lives.
We’re looking for a Growth Data Scientist to join our specialized team. We have the vision and resources, and need your talent and skills.
Who we're looking for
Point is looking for Growth Data Scientist to join our focused, growing, and passionate team. We want data scientists who approach problems from first principles, are comfortable diving into disparate external datasets to uncover actionable insights, enjoy optimizing marketing spend & onboarding funnels, and thrive with a fast-paced product iteration cycle.
What we'll build together
As the first Growth Data Scientist at Point, you'll help us improve & optimize our marketing spend & membership conversion by testing hypotheses and surfacing key insights to leadership.
You'll perform deep analytics on large datasets from a myriad of internal and external data sources, build models to describe and predict marketing efficacy and conversion behavior, and produce insights that shape key decisions & investment areas.
- 3+ years of analytics experience & data science or equivalent applying quantitative, statistical & machine learning technique to improving product growth & adoption
- Fluency with data analysis programming languages (Python / R), SQL, & data visualization tools
- Experience analyzing and conducting hypothesis driven experimentation and A/B testing
- Comfortable analyzing external data with uncertain quality and producing well understood, qualified results
- Strong verbal and written skills to explain technical analysis to non-technical partners
- Experience with cohort and funnel optimization & predictive analytics, and a deep understanding of statistical concepts including probability distributions and selection bias
- Fintech or cryptocurrency experience, especially at a venture-backed startup
- Experience using orchestration tools (like Airflow) and dashboarding tools (Metabase, Mode, etc.)
- Familiarity with data warehouse design, dimensional modeling, and ETL best practices
- Join a fast-growing brand that is building thoughtful spending products.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points.
- Monthly stipends on your Point Card to use for lunch, commuting, and other essentials.