Point is a technology and design company that transforms everyday spending into a delightful and rewarding experience. We’re re-thinking the payment experience with an emphasis on transparency, delight, and personalization.
With the best benefits of both debit and credit, Point Card earns you points on every purchase redeemable for instant cash-back. Point App works side by side with Point Card to create an elegant, easy-to-use experience.
Backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures) and Y Combinator, we’re well-funded and ready to make a positive impact on people’s daily lives.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our specialized team. We have the vision and resources, and need your talent and skills.
Who we're looking for
Point is looking for Software Engineers at all experience levels to join our focused, growing, and passionate team. We want engineers who orient around solving customer problems, who understand the tradeoffs between different technical approaches, and who believe that a reliable system is composed of individually testable components.
What we'll build together
Software Engineers at Point build the logic and systems that power the evolution of our financial platform, including new consumer-facing features, iteration and refinement of the core card product, and revolutionary new ways for consumers to pay.
You'll work with us to build reliable systems to issue physical cards, process online and offline payments, guard against fraudulent transactions, categorize customers into high and low risk — all at Internet scale under demanding latency constraints.
Our stack, front to back: React & React Native, Apollo GraphQL, Node.js, ECS, PostgresSQL & Redis, AWS
- 5+ years experience developing client/server software in a dynamically-typed languages (Node, Python, Ruby) or other modern environments (Go, Rust, Elixir, etc); lists roughly in order of preference
- 3+ years experience developing cloud-based software on AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Good unit testing habits and a belief in code coverage
- Good collaboration skills & the ability to work well with product, design, or other cross-functional teams
- Understanding of optimization & performance profiling
- Fintech or cryptocurrency experience, especially at a venture-backed startup
- Experience using GraphQL for client/server (Apollo, Graphene, etc.)
- Join a fast-growing brand that is building thoughtful spending products.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points.
- Monthly stipends on your Point Card to use for lunch, commuting, and other essentials.