Point is a technology and design company that transforms everyday spending into a delightful and rewarding experience. We’re re-thinking the payment experience with an emphasis on transparency, delight, and personalization.
With the best benefits of both debit and credit, Point Card earns you points on every purchase redeemable for instant cash-back. Point App works side by side with Point Card to create an elegant, easy-to-use experience.
Backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures) and Y Combinator, we’re well-funded and ready to make a positive impact on people’s daily lives.
We’re looking for a Compliance Lead to join our specialized team. We have the vision and resources, and need your talent and skills.
- Take ownership over our regulatory compliance management, with a focus on Regulation E and consumer banking regulations, as well as regulations enacted by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the FDIC, the Office of the Comptroller of Currency (OCC), and relevant state banking authorities.
- Partner with internal teams, as well as our partners to build a strategy and roadmap for our PCI compliance.
- Build and manage effective relationships with our banking and payment partners, as well as regulatory bodies. Solve regulatory requirements proactively, always.
- Research, interpret, and summarize regulatory requirements in easily understood terms and work with internal teams (Customer Service/Ops, Marketing, Product, Engineering) to correctly implement those requirements.
- Research and communicate initial risk assessment for new products, services, and features
- Complete reviews and testing of our compliance program to both identify opportunities and to meet external reporting and due-diligence requirements.
- Develop internal documentation and training to educate internal teams on our compliance obligations and ensure each function is adhering to our established policies and frameworks.
- Maintain records and provide reports to management on the status and effectiveness of our compliance programs and the associated testing and monitoring activities.
- Prepare due diligence documents for third party vendors and regulators.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant compliance experience at a federally regulated bank, FinTech, or other financial institution subject to regulatory and compliance monitoring.
- Industry certifications (ex: CAMS, AML/CFT Certified) and/or professional training related to Consumer Banking Regulations or PCI.
- Extensive and specific knowledge of banking laws and regulations, banking operations and procedures, and security procedures.
- Experience owning compliance functions end-to-end. You understand compliance is an ongoing responsibility and you know how to develop and operationalize policies, programs, and procedures from the ground up, including ongoing monitoring and risk assessments.
- Experience working at a fast growing fintech company or retail bank.
- Good intuition. You know what matters and what can wait. You thrive on solving hard, important problems and building practical solutions.
- An interest to roll up your sleeves and build a function from the ground up. You are both a functional leader and the function's main doer.
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
- Experience and comfortable working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Impeccable references.
- Experience with Money Transmitter licenses
- Experience with Cryptocurrency from a compliance perspective
- Have awareness of other compliance laws, regulations, guidance, and industry-standard practices outside the area of Banking Regulations and PCI — such as UDAAP, KYC, AML/BSA, and Fraud
- Experience with credit card products and an understanding of the key differences between debit and credit regulations.
- Join a fast-growing brand that is building thoughtful spending products.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points.
- Monthly stipends on your Point Card to use for lunch, commuting, and other essentials.