Point is a technology and design company that transforms everyday spending into a delightful and rewarding experience. We’re re-thinking the payment experience with an emphasis on transparency, delight, and personalization.
With the best benefits of both debit and credit, Point Card earns you points on every purchase redeemable for instant cash-back. Point App works side by side with Point Card to create an elegant, easy-to-use experience.
Backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures) and Y Combinator, we’re well-funded and ready to make a positive impact on people’s daily lives.
We’re looking for a Chargeback Ops Analyst to join our specialized team. We have the vision and resources, and need your talent and skills.
Role & Responsibilities
We’re looking for an analytical thinker with payments and chargeback experience and an interest in helping build a high-impact chargeback ops function.
You will be responsible for reviewing and responding to chargebacks, improving policies, and streamlining our dispute resolution processes. This role is cross-functional and will afford opportunities to work with both internal and external stakeholders as well as perform research and develop domain expertise in the area of chargebacks and disputes. Internally, you will work with our Finance, Risk, Customer Support and the Engineering teams to increase our win rates while also providing timely and scalable support to our customers. Externally, you will work closely with our payment processors, sponsor bank, and credit card networks to enhance our chargeback operations, stay abreast of trends in the industry, and ultimately increase our efficiency.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop chargeback policies and processes to identify and minimize disputes
- Provide necessary documentation, details, and evidence in a timely manner to ensure all recoverable chargebacks are addressed
- Ensure all industry regulations are delivered in chargeback responses
- Collaborate with other team members to standardize internal dispute responses and share best practices
- Maintain strong domain knowledge about chargebacks and fraud Investigate individual transactions using internal policies and review methodologies to determine if the transaction are fraudulent or not
- Collaborate with analysts, operations specialists, data scientists and engineering to improve our fraud prevention mechanisms, processes and tools
- Solve complex dispute cases by gathering and distilling web, financial, and behavioral data into actionable findings
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field
- 4+ years of previous chargeback/risk analytics experience
- Strong SQL skills
- Demonstrated decision making skills
- A self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to spot patterns and formalize complex ideas into a well-defined process
- Proven strong analytical skills
- Proactive thinker constantly seeking improvement opportunities
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- You are an active Point user
- Experience working at a fast growing fintech company or retail bank.
- Join a fast-growing brand that is building thoughtful spending products.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points.
- Monthly stipends on your Point Card to use for lunch, commuting, and other essentials.