Point is a technology and design company that transforms everyday spending into a delightful and rewarding experience. We’re re-thinking the payment experience with an emphasis on transparency, delight, and personalization.
With the best benefits of both debit and credit, Point Card earns you points on every purchase redeemable for instant cash-back. Point App works side by side with Point Card to create an elegant, easy-to-use experience.
Backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures) and Y Combinator, we’re well-funded and ready to make a positive impact on people’s daily lives.
We’re looking for a Fraud Manager to join our specialized team. We have the vision and resources, and need your talent and skills.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Fraud Manager, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the company’s fraud function. You will be responsible for building and executing on the fraud strategy and overseeing the front-line operations of our risk operations. In addition to managing and overseeing our ops, you will be responsible for conducting risk assessments and implementing mitigation strategies as we launch new products. You will also be responsible for the building and reporting on key risk metrics to company leadership and key stakeholders. A mix of analytical skills, strategic vision and operational excellence will be required to be successful in the position.
- Be responsible for our fraud function
- Build and cultivate a small team of high-impact operators and analysts
- Delegate and prioritize effectively to ensure the team is focused on high-impact needs and allocating time appropriately between project and core work
- Set clear targets and objectives, and establish KPIs for each area of responsibility
- Communicate metrics, trends, and results from projects to key stakeholders
- Partner with internal teams (product, eng, ops), as well as external vendors to improve our detection capabilities, while providing a world-class experience for good users
- Identify and recommend ways to improve team or company performance through automation, tooling, rule, process, or policy changes
- Perform data analysis and research to understands trends and patterns of abuse on the platform
- Create metrics and regularly report to key stakeholders
- Focus on delivering a great user experience and minimizing friction to good users.
- Own risk and fraud projects from end-to-end
**As manager of the team, you may need to support a non-traditional schedule, at times, including weekends, non-business hours and holidays**
- 6+ years of relevant domain experience
- 3+ years in people management roles
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Math, Economics, or other relevant field.
- Experience building and overseeing a high-impact fraud team at a similar fintech, banking or payments company
- Domain knowledge in the areas of ACH/deposit fraud, transaction monitoring, KYC and onboarding operations, AML/sanctions monitoring, and platform abuse.
- Strong SQL Skills.
- Experience working directly with product and engineering teams and writing product requirements
- Experience building and implementing a detection strategy from the ground up using a hybrid of internal and external resources
- Proficient with python or other scripting languages
- Experience with underwriting and credit risk
- Prior experience with banking compliance
- Join a fast-growing brand that is building thoughtful spending products.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points.
- Monthly stipends on your Point Card to use for lunch, commuting, and other essentials.