Point is a technology and design company that transforms everyday spending into a delightful and rewarding experience. We’re re-thinking the payment experience with an emphasis on transparency, delight, and personalization.
With the best benefits of both debit and credit, Point Card earns you points on every purchase redeemable for instant cash-back. Point App works side by side with Point Card to create an elegant, easy-to-use experience.
Backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures) and Y Combinator, we’re well-funded and ready to make a positive impact on people’s daily lives.
We’re looking for a Banking Ops Lead to join our specialized team. We have the vision and resources, and need your talent and skills.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Banking Ops lead, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the company’s banking and payments processes. You will be monitoring and operating our day-to-day banking and payment services and owning the relationship with key banking and processing partners. This role will provide oversight of the processing over our deposit and payment solutions to include, balancing, and exception handling of all payment transactions (e.g., ACH, debits, disputes, etc) and you will be instrumental as we launch new products. Both strategic vision and strong operational execution skills will be required to be successful in the position. With our goal of serving millions of customers across the US, we are looking to provide the best-in-class customer experience across our banking products and services.
Specifically, you will:
- Conceive and set up all operational aspects and processes between our partner bank, processor and other critical banking vendors.
- Oversee the customer banking service experience and ensure Service Level Agreements with service providers are met
- Oversee the successful completion of daily deposit and payment activities while ensuring compliance with NACHA Operating Rules, Visa/MasterCard rules, and all state/federal regulations
- Build and own our daily deposit reconciliation processes, as well as the metrics we use to monitor and evaluate our banking partners
- Escalate issues with existing service providers and work with internal leadership to mitigate negative customer service experiences
- Identify, justify and support new projects related to the overall improvement of the customer deposits and payment experience, serving as the ops lead for all aspects of the payments project life cycle (design, development, testing and implementation)
- Drive improvements to policies, procedures, and processes; re-engineer (as needed) to maximize effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage existing vendor relationships; evaluate, recommend and develop new vendors, strategies and processes
- Manage the required banking and payment processing accounts
- Identify ways to optimize and improve the customer banking services experience
- Partner to implement actions both to standardize and to improve the operating environment
- Own projects and timelines of launching new banking capabilities and products
- Responsible for quantifying, aggregating, and mitigating exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluating alignment with risk strategy and appetite.
- Identification, assessment and documentation of payments and deposit risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and/or third-party operations.
- Participate in and support internal and external audits, regulatory reviews, and banking or processor requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field
- 5+ years of payments experience with a focus in consumer payments and/or banking
- Deep knowledge of payment processors and vendors, along with their products and services; related state and federal laws and regulations; and other payment-related policies and procedures
- Strong SQL skills and the ability to build a reconciliation process and banking and payment metrics from the ground up.
- A track record of improving banking and processor policies and procedures.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Experience working at a fast growing fintech company or retail bank.
- Strong execution and program management skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Bonus Points (no pun intended)
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) certification
- Knowledgeable about cryptocurrency and banking regulations
- Experience launching credit products
- Prior experience with payments risk management or banking compliance
- Join a fast-growing brand that is building thoughtful spending products.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points.
- Monthly stipends on your Point Card to use for lunch, commuting, and other essentials.