Point is a new kind of spending experience; one that rewards you for spending what you have, actively encourages you to avoid overspending, and never charges interest or hidden fees. We’re going after a multi-trillion dollar opportunity to deliver transparency and shake up the world of consumer payments.
We’re looking for a Head of Customer Support to join our small but mighty team of passionate and collaborative folks. We just launched Point to the public in November and we’ve already been ranked as a top finance app in the App Store, processed millions in transaction volume, and cultivated an enthusiastic community of early adopters. Additionally, we're backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures), Y Combinator, and Jim Breyer (Breyer Capital).
About this role:
As the Head of Customer Support, you will oversee our Customer Support team and lead our strategy across all support channels. You’ll manage and scale a team while serving as an escalation point for customer inquiries and providing extraordinary service. The level of service we are working towards goes far above what any company in our industry offers and will be a primary reason customers choose to stay loyal to Point.
Role & Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the current support channels (Email, Text, IVR) and quickly mobilize an action plan towards maturity, while ensuring current day-to-day operations run smoothly
- Develop a world-class support team structure, proactive staff forecast model, KPIs and training procedures required to rapidly scale Point's support operation
- Ensure volume forecasts and planning requirements are built to manage peak volume periods to ensure achievement of KPIs
- Ensure the highest standard of customer care is delivered (e.g. Response and Resolution Times, Client Satisfaction Score, Feedback Management)
- Provide dynamic leadership: Hire, mentor, develop, and guide support managers, support agents, and individual contributors on the technical and operations sides of the support function
- Create and maintain a mechanism to capture customer feedback that can be translated into product improvements in order to reduce volumes on repetitive themes. Constantly develop and implement initiatives that optimize business performance and result in increased customer satisfaction
- Work cross-functionally with our compliance, engineering, product, marketing, and other operations teams to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience
- Natural empathy for the customer
- 7+ years progressive customer support experience in high-volume organizations
- 3+ years experience leading distributed teams and managing managers
- Proven track record of building, leading, and growing high performing customer support teams of 50+, preferably in a high-growth startup environment
- Understand what it means to move fast, pivot, have a growth mindset, collaborate cross-functionally, and bring people together towards a common goal
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with establishing robust metrics and analysis including workforce planning, productivity, SLAs, C-SAT and KPIs
- In-depth knowledge of support tools (chat, ticketing, CRM) and proven strategies to leverage and optimize workflows through Zendesk
- Data-driven decision maker with demonstrated experience and comfort with business intelligence tools
- Proven ability to develop and manage budgets
Bonus Points (no pun intended)
- Experience in payments or consumer financial services
- Experience in a concierge-style support function
- Opportunity to be a part of a brand that is creating a new standard of financial services and entering at the ground floor of a fast growing, mission-driven company.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points
- Monthly stipends for continuous learning, health & wellness, and commuting.