Point is a new kind of spending experience; one that rewards you for spending what you have, actively encourages you to avoid overspending, and never charges interest or hidden fees. We’re going after a multi-trillion dollar opportunity to deliver transparency and shake up the world of consumer payments.
We’re looking for a Community & Social Media Manager to join our small but mighty team of passionate and collaborative individuals. We launched Point publicly in November and we’ve already been ranked as a top finance app in the App Store, processed millions in transaction volume, and cultivated an enthusiastic community of early adopters. Additionally, we're backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures) and Y Combinator.
About The Role:
Point is in search of a creative Community & Social Media Manager who can own our social media channels – inclusive of visual storytelling, social plans to support our campaigns, community building, and brand engagement. You’ll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills to major moments for our fast-growing brand, and drive real results around engaging our community.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the strategy, planning, and execution across Point social, including ongoing/daily brand posts, social campaigns, and member engagement.
- Own, develop, and execute strategic social plans and frameworks with minimal oversight.
- Build out our social content calendar for the brand, including developing content concepts from idea to execution.
- Closely monitor trending cultural moments across social channels to quickly and impactfully join the conversation from Point's perspective.
- Manage and support our internal and external stakeholders across community management.
- Provide ad-hoc, biweekly, and monthly analysis on qualitative and quantitative performance and recommendations for organic content optimizations.
- Prior experience managing social media for a brand, whether agency or brand-side, is a must with 2-3 years of experience in social media marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, graphic design, or related field.
- Strong visual eye for curating social feeds with beautiful, relevant content that retains brand consistency.
- Organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills with a knack for generating copy in brand voice.
- Ability to analyze and translate data into actionable insights.
- Fan and follower amplification knowledge, with an understanding of influencer dynamics.
- Proven track record of creating meaningful online community engagement, conducting thoughtful outreach and generating + executing branded partnerships.
- A passion for good design, photography, and the Point vision for building a new way to spend.
- You know what's trending before it's trending.
- Most importantly, eager to learn, adaptable, and have a strong interest in joining a fast-moving startup.
- Opportunity to be part of a brand that is creating a new standard for financial services and enter at the ground floor of a fast growing, mission-driven company.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points
- Monthly stipends for continuous learning, health & wellness, and commuting.