Point is a new kind of spending experience; one that rewards you for spending what you have, actively encourages you to avoid overspending, and never charges interest or hidden fees. We’re going after a multi-trillion dollar opportunity to deliver transparency and shake up the world of consumer payments.
We’re looking for a Head of People Operations to join our small but mighty team of passionate and collaborative folks. We just launched Point to the public in November and we’ve already been ranked as a top finance app in the App Store, processed millions in transaction volume, and cultivated an enthusiastic community of early adopters. Additionally, we're backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures), Y Combinator, and Jim Breyer (Breyer Capital).
About this role:
The Head of People Operations will be responsible for developing the people, culture, and HR operational initiatives within the organization, ensuring all programming is compliant and scalable to ultimately drive the company’s growth. This member of the team will manage all aspects of the employee experience at Point, including: onboarding, performance management, HR systems, compliance and employee relations, benefits and compensation, and learning and development.
Role & Responsibilities:
- HR Processes: Responsible for all policy & compliance matters (handbook, policies, record keeping, training requirements, audits, annual reporting, etc).
- Performance Management: Promote a feedback culture — develop a performance management strategy to provide regular coaching and feedback mechanisms.
- Culture, Engagement and Employee Experience: Help to communicate and uphold the organization’s values and ensure that they come through in all key initiatives and people-oriented decisions. Create a differentiated employee experience strategy that touches all points of the employee lifecycle and ensure we have an exceptional environment for all employees.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Partner with Recruiting to champion diversity & inclusion efforts across the organization -- ensure the continued development and buildout of D&I programming initiatives.
- Compensation and Benefits: Expertise in compensation and benefits design, administration, & regulations to build scalable total reward programs with appropriate benchmarking and leveling.
- HR Systems: Use a data-driven approach to help improve processes to enable the organization to scale.
- Cross-Functional Team Support and Engagement: Act as the organization’s HR Business Partner to provide support to functional leaders and employees in the areas of: performance coaching, interpersonal conflict and resolution strategies, benefits, work authorization, organizational strategy, career mapping, competency frameworks, onboarding, and offboarding. Conduct investigations when needed and ensure a standardized approach to progressive discipline and performance improvement.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in HR / People & Culture.
- Experience in a start-up environment in hyper-growth mode.
- Bachelor’s Degree; HR certification a plus.
- Experience implementing and maintaining HR systems.
- Experience with all aspects of HR compliance — knowledge of multi-state employment regulations.
- Creative problem-solver who can assess complex issues and measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Able to execute on today's challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we'll be six months, a year, and several years from now.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing), with the business maturity to collaborate and influence across all functions and levels in the company.
- Experience working with executive/leadership teams.
- Opportunity to be a part of a brand that is creating a new standard of financial services and entering at the ground floor of a fast growing, mission-driven company.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points
- Monthly stipends for continuous learning, health & wellness, and commuting.